Belém Tower (Torre de Belém) Tours and Tickets
1. The Belém Tower, also known as the Tower of Saint Vincent, is a fortified tower located in the Belém district of Lisbon, Portugal. It was built in the early 16th century and served as a defensive lookout and gateway to the city. The tower is an example of the Manueline style of architecture, characterized by intricate detailing and maritime motifs.
Some interesting facts about the Belém Tower include:
- It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983.
- The tower’s design was influenced by the discoveries made by Portuguese explorers during the Age of Discovery.
- The tower was built on a small island in the Tagus River and was originally surrounded by water.
- The tower’s interior features many ornate details, including carved stone balustrades and a vaulted ceiling adorned with the Portuguese royal coat of arms.
- Visitors can climb to the top of the tower for views of the surrounding area.
2. The Belém Tower is open every day from 10am to 6:30pm (last admission at 6pm). The tower is closed on Mondays and on certain holidays. Phone: +351 213 620 034
3. Admission to the tower costs €6 and can be purchased at the site or online. There are several transportation options available, including tram 15 or bus 714 from the center of Lisbon. Visitors can also take the train to Belém station or a ferry from Cais do Sodré. Parking is limited in the area, so taking public transportation is recommended.
The similar Tours
Explore Belém and gain insight into Portugal’s rich maritime heritage on this 3-hour small-group walking tour of Lisbon. Follow a guide through coastal Belém and learn of Portugal’s rich maritime history. Marvel at UNESCO World Heritage–listed monuments including Belém Tower and the Jerónimos Monastery, and discover sites of interest such as the Discoveries Monument and the Jardim Afonso de Albuquerque. Visit the Pastéis de Belém — a local pastry shop — and enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to only 8 people. You have a choice for both morning or afternoon tours for your convenience.Learn More
Our bike tour is one of the most popular ways to discover Lisbon. This is the perfect opportunity to discover Lisbon City Center and the unique attractions in this extraordinary city.
Get to know ● Belém Tower, ● Jerónimos Monastery, ● Pink Street, ● Cais do Sodré, ● Time Out Market, ● M.A.A.T., ● Electricity Museum, ● Discoveries Monument, ● Tagus River and many other spots with rich history and unique views.
These tours are not only great and fun, but informative and designed for all skill levels.
Our local guide will point out the best photo stops and vista points, while sharing entertaining and educational information with you.
Enjoy an easy, bike ride through beautiful Lisbon.
Taste the best "Pastel de Nata" in town !
Discover secret spots and fun facts about Lisbon.
Our tour is free, this price is for bike rental.
At the end of the tour, if you enjoyed and feel appropriate our guides do accept tips.
We will make this tour remarkable and unique!
Enjoy a spectacular day in Lisbon with this 4-hour, private tour that includes the best the city has to offer. With convenient access from hotels or the port, a private guide will work with you to create the ideal itinerary to explore the area. See the historic Alfama district, the city’s oldest neighborhood, and take in the incredible views from a castle hilltop. Head to the coast of Belém to see the UNESCO-listed Jeronimo Monastery and taste pastel de nata, Portugal’s traditional egg tart.Learn More
Lisbon is one of the oldest cities in Europe and there are layers and layers of history so the day stats early with a unique ride on the famous Lisbon tram 28, taking in you to the Castle district area and the famous Alfama district while heading down to the city centre.
Once at downtown you are going to Miradouro da Rua Augusta to enjoy the panoramic view, and next to the Lisbon Story Centre were you can walk trough the history of Lisbon.
After the shaky experience, free time to lunch and get back on the tram 15 heading to the Belém district to see the Torre de Belém sitting at the Tagus riverside, and the imposing Jerónimos Monastery, both elevated to World Heritage by UNESCO that have dominated this landscape for 500 years.
Get a comprehensive look at Lisbon’s top attractions with a 48-hour ticket for the hop-on hop-off tour! See Portugal's capital from two different routes: the Belém Lisbon Tour and the Modern Lisbon Tour. The open-top buses on the Belém Lisbon and Modern Lisbon tours allow you to get off at places like Rossio Square, Belém tower and the Oceanarium. A map, discounts and access to the Santa Justa lift, Lisbon funiculars and public tramcars are all also included.Learn More