Sintra Tours and Tickets
1. Sintra is a town located just outside of Lisbon, Portugal, and is known for its beautiful and lush landscape. The town is filled with historical landmarks such as the Pena Palace, the Castle of the Moors, and the National Palace of Sintra. The Pena Palace is especially notable as it was built in the 19th century and features a bright and eclectic mix of styles including Neo-Gothic, Neo-Manueline, and Neo-Renaissance. In addition to the impressive architecture, Sintra is also home to numerous parks and gardens, including the stunning Quinta da Regaleira, with its beautiful gardens, lakes, and fountains.
2. The working hours and contact information for the various sites in Sintra can vary. It is best to check online or contact them directly for the most up-to-date information.
3. There are several ways to get to Sintra from Lisbon, including train, bus, or taxi. The train is the most popular and convenient option, with regular departures from Lisbon’s Rossio station throughout the day. The journey takes around 40 minutes and tickets can be purchased at the station or online in advance. The bus is also an option, with several routes connecting Lisbon and Sintra, although it can be slower and more crowded than the train. Taxis are also available, but can be expensive. Once in Sintra, visitors can purchase tickets for the various sites at the ticket office or online in advance. Some sites offer combined tickets that include admission to multiple attractions.
- Travelers can dedicate an entire day to the UNESCO-listed city, or incorporate other stops, such as Cascais, Colares, and Guincho Beach.
- Day trips to Sintra generally last about eight hours and typically include return transportation.
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking on uneven surfaces.
The similar Tours
Likely to Sell Out
Experience the natural and historical beauty of Portugal on a small-group day trip from Lisbon to Sintra and Cascais. Just a few hours from Portugal's capital city, Sintra is a magical place where man and nature exist in perfect harmony. Discover secret trails at Pena Park, admire the natural wonders of Sintra Natural Park and the cliffs of Roca Cape, and visit the whimsical Pena National Palace. Enjoy a scenic drive along the Atlantic coast, and stop at Cascais Beach. Walk around Cascais town and bay.Learn More
Sintra is a magical and romantic location known to many across the globe. Come discover all of its natural and architectural wonders in a day you won’t soon forget! Considered many times to be the Romantic Capital of the World, Sintra will surely fill your hearts with love. Considered by UNESCO to be a World Heritage Site, Sintra has some great highlights for you to experience. After discovering wonders like the Pena National Palace and the beautiful Quinta da Regaleira, we’ll take you on a relaxing journey passing through Cabo da Roca and ending at the coastal splendor of Cascais.
Of the six magnificent Sintra wonders suggested in the itinerary, you will have the magical experience of visiting three of your choice, and if you select the Skip-The-Line option, tickets for Pena Palace are included!
Let the adventure begin!
Likely to Sell Out
We will see Monuments, Nature and Sea
Small group tour with a maximum of 8 people and a tour guide who will show and explain everything about the tour.
We will discover some of the most beautiful roads in Sintra where you can see Quinta da Regaleira.
Let's visit Cascais, Sintra, Guincho Cabo da Roca and Pena Palace.
Let's enjoy a different day.
Likely to Sell Out
The crown jewel, multi award-winning and bestseller tour, this is a classic experience one must have when in Lisbon.
We start by Sintra, whose cultural landscape is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where you’ll have free time to explore the village center with its typical narrow and steep cobblestone streets and outstanding sceneries.
The tour heads after to Quinta da Regaleira, and its 4 hectares of lush gardens, lakes, grottoes and enigmatic constructions such as the Iniciatic Well, a true must see.
The next stop is the enormous Pena Park, a unique botanic garden with 85 hectares of pure nature easy to fall in love with.
After the Sintra visit, the tour takes you through the charming road of the county to the westernmost point of continental Europe, the impressive Cabo da Roca.
Last but not least the beachtown of Cascais, former fisherman town, today an elite and chic hotspot, after being a refuge during World War II, where you’ll have free time to stroll around.
Groups From 8 - 18
Enjoy a day trip to Sintra on this small-group tour (up to 8-travelers) from Lisbon. Beat the crowds and spend your day seeing all the major highlights, such as Pena Palace and Park, Quinta da Regaleira, Sintra town center and more. Drive along the coast with stop at Cabo da Roca.Learn More