Vouliagmeni Beach (Akti Vouliagmenis) Tours and Tickets
Immediately to the south of town and very close to the sea, a rare geological formation is to be found that gave the suburb its modern name: Lake Vouliagmeni ("Sunken Lake"), a small brackish-water lake fed by underground currents seeping through the mass of Mount Hymettus. Because of its comfortable water temperature —ranging from 22 to 29ºCelsius — the lake functions as a year-round spa.
- With sand, lifeguards, calm waters, and a playground, Vouliagmeni Beach is a good choice for families with kids.
- Topless sunbathing is uncommon on Vouliagmeni Beach. Head to quieter coves for a strapless tan.
- Vouliagmeni Beach is a Blue Flag beach, meaning it’s both safe and environmentally sound.
- Vouliagmeni Beach is wheelchair-accessible, with access ramps, disabled parking, and accessible restrooms.
The similar Tours
Set off on the road from Athens to Vouliagmeni beach, and enjoy an independent, half-day excursion to one of the finest beaches on the Attica coastline. Sit back and relax as a private driver takes you toward the Aegean Sea, where a beautiful stretch of sand and sea await. Then, relax on the sands as you share the glorious coastline with jet setters and the Athenian elite, and enjoy the scenery as you bob around in the warm waters.Learn More
Access for Visually Impaired
- Service animals permitted
Accessibility for wheels
- Accessible Toilet
- Easy without assistance
- Special Parking
- Access with Portable Ramp
Access for Seniors
- Recommended time for visit 2 hours