Acropolis of Athens and Acropolis Museum Tour
Lowest Price Guarantee
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Acropolis, Via Dionysiou Areopagitou Str., Athens 105 58 Greece
Acropolis of Athens
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Parthenon, Acropolis Top of Dionyssiou Areopagitou, Athens 105 58 Greece
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Theater of Dionysus, Mitseon 25, Athens 105 58 Greece
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Herod Atticus Odeon, Dionissiou Areopagitou, Athens Greece
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Erechtheion, Acropolis, Athens 10558 Greece
Pass By: Temple of Athena Nike, Acropolis, Dionysiou Areopagitou Acropolis, Athens 10558 Greece
Stop At: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athens 117 42 Greece
Visit one of the top 5 Museums in the world
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total review count and overall rating based on Viator and Tripadvisor reviews
Reviews by Tripadvisor travelers
We had a great archaeologist guide who spoke excellent English. He was easy to hear and understand, especially with the microphone packs provided. The many stops during the ascent of the Acropolis were timed perfectly to make the ascent manageable for persons of all ages and abilities. We had a great time!
It was an amazing trip through history with some stunning views. Our guide was friendly and informative. Thoroughly recommend
Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and engaging. We enjoyed both the Acropolis and museum tour. The museum tour focused on the highlights, but there was a lot more to see in the museum. We suggest to plan for some extra time after the tour to explore the rest of the museum on your own.
The Acropolis is a must visit experience. It was fascinating and I recommend a tour. It’s very crowded and as with any tour, much is dependent on one’s guide. Ours made no effort to carry a flag or anything to identify his position and made no effort to keep the group together. While knowledgeable this was one tour where a private guide would have been much better.
Our guide Margertia was very open and interactive with the group; easy to hear through the provided earphones. We felt that this kind of tour was the best way to really learn about the history of Athens and the Acropolis. The pace was good; the average fitness of our group was balanced; this is necessary since the tour involves a lot of walking, much of it up hill (both ways - in the snow! ok, just kidding). Note, you will be on your feet for essentially 4 hours. The autumn timing of our tour allowed for manageable crowds. There were enough opportunities provided to stop and experience the spaces and take pictures. A final stop at the Acropolis Museum was a highlight and added to our understanding of the period and art and construction.
Excellent tour. From booking (detailed information, including options), to checking in (recommend doing it in advance to get your listening devise adn tickets if applicable, then snack, have coffee on or buy water from an arrays of shops near by, before starting the tour). Our guide was knowledgeable, considerate and caring. While climbing to the top of Acropolis, she was stopping at regular intervals, trying to keep us in the shadow and even sitting down where possible during her informative talks, photo taking etc. (it was a hot day). Recommend without any reservations.
Guide was knowledgeable and patient. We don’t have to weight in any lines for tickets. Glad we toured the museum too.
Our guide Olesya was great! She is very, very knowledgeable and was graceful sharing with us a wonderful tour.
Fascinating tour! Our guide Demetrius was so knowledgeable. We were very impressed with him. The museum was amazing. Highly recommend!
Fabulous tour with Dimitris as guide. Met up with group a 5 min walk away from entrance to Acropolis and so worthwhile to be able to skip the queues. I'm not a huge fan of many of the information boards so its much easier to take in the history when somebody is explaining the back stories and Dimitris was able to bring the stories to life about the Persians, Pericles, Athena and Poseidon, the Theatre of Dionysus, Odeon of Herodes, the healing god Asclepius and Nike. Really enjoyable tour, thank you!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BABY STROLLERS: Please have in mind that baby strollers are not allowed on the Acropolis, archaeological site and that there is no cloakroom at the side entrance we use to enter. For your own convenience, it is recommended to use a baby pouch instead of a baby stroller
- Bring a hat and wear sunscreen lotion
- Brinng a bottle of water
- If you've chosen the WITHOUT tickets option, you need to pay cash for your admission ticket at our check-in location just before the tour (approx. 35 euros per person). We've secured tickets for your specified time.
- Opting for an independent ticket purchase (discouraged) requires 24-hour advance. Failing that, you will also have to pay also the tickets we buy for you at the meeting point.
- Strict Acropolis entry times mean we can't wait for latecomers. No refunds will be given.
- All visitors undergo airport-style security; expect peak season waits of up to 30+ minutes.
- Cutoff times sync with Athens local time.
- Tours run rain or shine.
- Accurately select EU or NON-EU citizenship during booking. Incorrect choice may mean paying the price difference or tour forfeiture. 11. A valid passport is required for verification.
- Backpacks are not allowed
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking