Monastiraki Tours and Tickets
Monastiraki, literally little monastery) is a flea market neighborhood in the old town of Athens, Greece, and is one of the principal shopping districts in Athens. The area is home to clothing boutiques, souvenir shops, and specialty stores, and is a major tourist attraction in Athens and Attica for bargain shopping. The area is named after Monastiraki Square, which in turn is named for the Church of the Pantanassa that is located within the square. The main streets of this area are Pandrossou Street and Adrianou Street.
- Monastiraki is a must for souvenir hunters.
- Haggling is customary at the market, so put on your best poker face and prepare to negotiate. *Arrive hungry; Monastiraki is one of the best places in the city to sample meze, souvlaki, and local wines.
The similar Tours
Likely to Sell Out
If you are a fan of Greek History and Mythology this is your tour!
See all the highlights of Athens and learn everything about the iconic sites, visiting the Acropolis (Parthenon), the Ancient Agora, the Temple of Zeus and the New Acropolis museum, in a private day tour that will be flexible and customized to your needs!
Likely to Sell Out
Step off the beaten track and awaken your senses on a 4-hour food walking tour in Athens, taken at a time that suits your schedule. Walk through Monastiraki Square and the central city market, Varvakios Agora, to spend a half-day. Your tour leader will explain the stories and the origins of the local food while you will taste and drinks at some of the best local foodies places.Learn More
Join us on a delicious journey around Athens through the city’s most foodie neighbourhoods and experience Greek gastronomy at its best. Our small-group (~12 ppl) ensures ultimate personalisation, flexibility and safety.
- Start off at a deli to taste amazing local products, like Greek olive oil, olives, honey and cheeses.
- Enjoy a small plates meal shared in the middle learn about Greeks' way to get together and have fun! Taste an array of different meze, like dolma, kefte and assorted dips.
- Visit a family-run restaurant to savour authentic, comfort Greek cuisine, served with a local drinks in a cosy environment.
- Satisfy your cravings with finger-licking local desserts and a special-flavoured local product found exclusively in Greece!
Vegetarians rejoice! There are options for you in every spot.
Enjoy the Athens City Private Tour with a driver that he will explain all the Greek history to you and answer your questions.
From ancient monuments and medieval churches to world-class museums and high-end boutiques, it's hard to get bored in Athens.
No visit to Athens is complete without checking out the plethora of historical sites that run throughout the city Highlights.
Acropolis - Parthenon, Ancient Agora, Panathenaic Stadium, New Acropolis Museum, Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Trilogy Of Athens, Temple Of Zeus, Arch of Hadrian, Plaka (old historical neighborhood of Athens), Monastiraki Area and the Fleamarket, changing of the Guards.
Tour is Private and Flexible.
Discover the most authentic, fresh traditional Athenian food in non tourist and hidden spots of the City! Food and places you may not find alone!
We visit local streets to see,taste and shop for cheese,cured meat,fruits, Greek sweet and spices in markets full of colour,scents and noise. We sample olives,oil and honey from a farmer and barrel wine made onsite of the taverna. We enjoy two meals with meat and seafood,one at a locals meze bar and one in the market,and we drink Greek coffee with a sweet.
On tours starting after 4pm or on Sunday, markets are shut so we visit two local tavernas and eat traditional food with ouzo,raki and local barrel wine. We visit a spice shop and see the Greek area for night life and eat a sweet pie.
Many tastings offered including 2 sit down meals on both tours as you learn about Greek culture.
You will meet many local people during this experience!
Vegetarian and gluten free options offered. Discounted childrens rates.
Licence number EOT-0259E70000815901
For Hearing Impaired
- Video Guide
- Hearing kits
- Speech To Text
Accessibility for wheels
- Access with Portable Ramp
- Special Parking
- Accessible elevator
- Easy without assistance
- Accessible Toilet
Access for Seniors
- Recommended time for visit 1 hour
- Recommended time for visit 2 hours
- Physical difficulty level for Seniors - 2
Access for Visually Impaired
- Braille description
- Audio Guide
- Place has Special Guide Service
- Service animals permitted