Lucky American Woman

Hi everyone! I'm from the United States, and I use a manual wheelchair. I cannot walk at all but I'm fairly athletic. My husband can walk and is able to carry me short distances or up stairs.

Hi everyone! I'm from the United States, and I use a manual wheelchair. I cannot walk at all but I'm fairly athletic. My husband can walk and is able to carry me short distances or up stairs.
We want to take a trip to Germany including Oktoberfest in Munich as well as other sight-seeing around southern Germany. We would also like to go to Prague and Salzburg, and *possibly* over to Vienna. We will have our toddler with us and my husband's parents will join us and can provide a little part-time babysitting for us.
Does anyone have any experiences with accessible hotels or bed & breakfasts around Munich, Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, or in Southern Germany? Are there wheelchair-friendly attractions that you recommend we visit in any of these areas?
Lastly, is anyone aware of a travel company that is familiar with these areas AND with wheelchair accessibility needs?

Danke in advance!! 

4/6/20
Edik tourist

In Vienna, I would recommend the Steigenberger. In Prague, I would recommend the Modra Ruze. In Munich, I would recommend the Holiday Inn.

4/6/20
Edik tourist

I'm an American living in Southwest Germany. I've been to all the places you mentioned except Vienna. In Prague, I recommend Hotel Boho We took two different day tours with them and are so glad we did!

Regarding Salzburg, the Crowne Plaza has accessible rooms. Generally speaking, I was a bit disappointed with accessibility in Salzburg.

I've never stayed in Munich because we live too close, but you'll have lots of options. Dachau is the concentration camp right outside Munich. It's accessible, but there is some gravel. I took a different chair (with big castors) the times I've been. And you'll be fine in downtown Munich.

Almost every Accor property has accessible rooms by the way (they own Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis, Ibis Styles and a couple other chains).

As far as Southern Germany goes, your options are endless. I would recommend Berchtesgaden (and stay at the Kempinski). If want more info, please feel free to PM me with questions.

4/6/20
Edik tourist

It’s a long time since I’ve been in Prague and Salzburg, but didn’t have any accessibility needs then. Last October I was in Vienna. We stayed in the Hilton Vienna Plaza which is very central. Very easy to get to many places without using public transport, but it is accessible. Most museums and attractions also accessible.

4/6/20